Voting is going on right now for the Teen Choice 2009 awards! Tom has not yet been specifically named for any awards – but we have the chance to change that!
The contest currently allows for teens to “write in” a suggestion if we think someone has been overlooked. So, let’s all head over to the voting site and use the write in form to suggest Tom for an award!
We at Feltbeats.com would like to really push Tom for the “Best Movie Villain” award for his portrayal of Draco Malfoy in the recent Potter film, “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” Unlike other villains nominated for the award, Draco is a complex, sympathetic character who, though his actions are dangerous and deadly throughout the film, still manages to win over the audience’s heart by the end of the film. His villainy is not by choice, but rather, it is thrust upon him.
In addition to “Best Movie Villain,” you could also nominate Tom for other awards! Some good suggestions:
– Best Celebrity “Twit” (Someone with a Twitter account – Tom has almost 100,000 followers now!)
– Best Web Star (Tom’s Feltbeats YouTube videos have been viewed millions of times!)
– Red Carpet Icon
– Best Male Hottie
1. Go to the Teen Choice Awards 2009 Web site.
2. Register (only ages 13 – 19 may register).
3. Once you’re logged in, find the pink link toward the top of the page that says “Make a suggestion.” Click it!
4. Fill out the form to nominate Tom Felton for “Best Movie Villain” and whatever else you feel is appropriate.
5. Vote for “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” as Best Summer Movie!
6. You can vote once per day – so keep going back and submitting another suggestion form!
7. Tell @TeenChoiceGirl on Twitter that you really want to see Tom Felton nominated!
Your votes pick the winners of the Teen Choice 2009 so be sure to tune in Monday, Aug. 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX and see how your favorites did.
Any ideas to promote this contest and get more people to nominate Tom? Let us know!